Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New beginnings...

I want to be a writer, but there is always that fear of people not liking your work...thankfully college professors break you in a bit when they give you your first C paper.  Yet in the back of your mind you still have that insecurity.  With this new blog i hope to find an outlet for what's on my mind, whether it be my opinion on things or new shoes I'm dying to buy! I can't wait to start and already have a little something that's a work in progress that my roommates inspired me to write:

Why do women bitch?
     First off, it’s not just women who complain.  Men do it too, but they aren’t as outspoken about their annoyance.  Us women, we have a need to share our every thought and want people to understand why we are complaining along with our listeners agreeing with us wholeheartedly.   If our boyfriend is flirting with the “work whore”, we want to be able to drone on about how her hair is ugly and her tan is fake.  “She probably won’t even get a real job and if she does it’s because she’s banging the boss”—harsh, but our true “reality” of the situation. Half the time we bitch about miniscule stuff that we build up in our head as high as Mount Everest.   My pants are too tight, I eat too much, my advisor who’s supposed to help me figure out what to do with my life doesn’t give a damn…all small stuff.
     But one of the worst parts about our bitching? No one else cares besides us.  It is the one moment that we love to hear our own voice and ignore everyone who is listening.  Subconsciously we all know they aren’t interested in what we have to say anyway.  I know I’ve done it and I sure know what it’s like being on the receiving end believe me.  I have lived with four other girls the past 3 years and not a day goes by that one of them doesn’t come home from class and drone on about their professor or fellow classmates.  Then just wait until they go home for a weekend….trust me, it’s worse.  But the constant squealing of my roommates’ voices don’t make me love them any less because they are the best girl friends a person could ask for.  Besides, they get to the privilege of hearing all the things that bother me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment